The advantage of reverse engineering is that it allows for the rapid and accurate design of geometric complex designs or free surface patterns.
The reverse design method also has advantages for surface design patterns with shaping rules but design parameters can not be determined. Examples of turbulent surfaces such as turbine blades, hydrodynamic surfaces, aerodynamics.
Reverse design is the process of cloning an object, a complete component or a product, without the help of a drawing, a document or a computer model.
In essence, reverse engineering is the process of copying a manufactured product (thanks to the ability to copy an object's image into 3D CAD data), reverse engineering involves scanning, Digitizing objects into points, lines, and 3D surfaces.
Designers and manufacturers often evaluate their products and competitors before launching a new idea. Today the process is systematized into a technique called reverse engineering.
It is a systematic evaluation of a product for the purpose of complete reconstruction or the addition of developmental improvements. Thus, it is possible to see reverse engineering as the process of creating a design pattern from the available product, to perform technical analysis or to reproduce the product in the original or variant form.
This process is in contrast to the traditional "forward engineering" approach - going from concept to product (reverse design goes from analyzing a part in forward-reverse Synthesized according to the schedule as follows:
Futuristic Design: Demand - Design Ideas - Test Design and Testing - Products.
Reverse design: product - measurement and inspection - re-design - prototype and test - product.
Reverse design stages:
Reverse engineering techniques in the direction of automation are usually divided into three stages: sampling (surface digitization) with the scanner coordinates; data processing and design modeling on CAD software;
The sampling period is the digitization of the sample surface by the type of measuring device. The types of scanner coordinates are chosen according to the shape of the detail, precision requirements, detailed materials, detailed dimensions, etc. The two most common types of coordinate measuring devices today are the device non-contact measurement and contact measurement equipment. Typical of these machines are laser scanner and coordinate measuring machine (CMM). In this phase the coordinate measuring device will receive the geometric data of the object in the form of the coordinates of the points (x, y, z), and then the points on the object surface are described. "point cloud".
This is followed by the data processing and modeling phase, which uses two software packages (grid automation over all data points) and modeling software. 3D (capable of modeling curves, NURBS curves, building CAD designs from the point mesh model through user interaction with the software interface).
Finally, the application phase, the design model can be fine-tuned, optimized by CAE analysis methods, or transferred to the mold design phase of the product and finally export design data in the form technical drawings.
Direct design data can be used for production by transferring the CAD model to the CAM software for CNC machining, or to STL data for rapid prototyping.
In addition to manufacturing design, reverse engineering is used to test the accuracy of the processed product against the prototype.
The main areas of application of reverse design:
- Reverse design, size check in mold making (plastic mold, metal mold, die ...)
- Create CAD input data for CNC machining
- Designing, manufacturing consumer goods (household appliances)
- Automotive, aerospace, health and education, ...
- Reproduction, restoration, production of spare parts single units no longer produced or lost design
- Research and development of new products
- Vehicle inspection, test (QA, QC) surface of the product
- Medicine, surgery, dental research - orthopedic surgery, prosthetics, teeth-jaw-face, chest restoration ...
- Industrial design - used for rapid prototyping, reverse engineering, CAD / CAM, 3D data modeling
- Research - analysis of the field of 3D data such as human face, robot, FEA and mold flow analysis
- 3D game software development - quickly and easily scan and model digitized features and specifications
- Animation and virtual reality - create 3D features and environments for TVs and movies
- Education, training, presentation, and modeling
- Architecture - design work with sample levels
- Archaeological restoration - anywhere in the world
- Fashion and textiles - Designed to fit clothing sizes and sizes, sizes
- Museums - store 3D data, store catalogs, and catalog collections for museums
It is because of the advantages of reverse engineering that it allows for the rapid and accurate design of geometric complex designs or free surface patterns (which are not defined by the shaping rules). Highly applied in research and product development (R & D). Especially in the areas of short product lifecycles such as consumer goods, automobiles, motorbikes, plastic packaging. Suitable for small businesses: "Use the advantages of technology to catch up with big businesses. other".